About Chemical Peels
At The Bloom Medical Spa, all our chemical peels are safely and effectively performed by our Licensed Medical Esthetician, Sherri Alford. With the guidance of Medical Director Dr. David G. Genecov, our MedSpa strives to offer the latest and highest-quality products for chemical peels. This is why our practice uses SkinMedica for all our chemical peel treatments. SkinMedica features several restorative peels, such as Rejuvenize Peel, Vitalize Peel, and Illuminize Peel. The Vitalize Peel is the most popular chemical peel in the SkinMedica product line because it is appropriate for all skin types and contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid, resorcinol, and retinoic acid. Together, this proprietary blend of peeling agents helps enhance smoother skin tone and texture. The Vitalize Peel also works by gently exfoliating the skin, leaving it healthier and more radiant. However, no matter which chemical peel you choose, you can look forward to beautifully smooth results.
You may be an ideal candidate for a chemical peel if you desire:
- Improvement in skin tone and texture.
- The softer appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduction in skin discoloration and scarring as a result of past acne.
- A rejuvenating procedure that is nonsurgical and noninvasive.
- A treatment that requires little to no recovery time.
- Brighter, smoother, and more youthful skin.
What To Expect
A chemical peel is a skin treatment utilizing a medical-grade solution to eradicate dead or damaged skin cells by removing the outermost layer of skin on the face. The result is healthy, glowing skin with fewer signs of fine lines, wrinkles, and past sun damage. The following are the various peels we offer at The Bloom Medical Spa.
- The Vitalize Peel: is a light chemical peel that takes around 20 minutes to apply. First, the skin is cleansed followed by the application of the peel itself, using a soft brush or applicator. A warm, tingling sensation may be experienced as the solution is applied. It is a great chemical peel for mild-to-moderate skin imperfections, including fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture, or acne scars.
The Illuminize Peel: is designed for mild skin imperfections and helps to provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime after just one peel. The gentlest of the SkinMedica peels, this product is ideal for first-time chemical-peel patients, or for patients with mild skin imperfections that are looking for brighter, more radiant skin with no downtime.
The Rejuvenize Peel: is appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections to smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness. Patients should see noticeable improvement after just one peel and more drastic results after 3 – 6 peels.
Since our chemical peel products vary from ingredients to strength, patient results will vary. However, most patients experience noticeable results after just one treatment. But, it is very common for patients to return for follow-up treatments to obtain optimum results. Typically, treatments are spaced 3 – 4 weeks apart. However, for the Illuminize Peel, patients may receive another session after 2 – 3 weeks. Although patients may experience mild redness after treatment, beautiful radiant skin will be revealed and improved in the weeks that follow.
Plan Your Procedure
Rejuvenate your skin
If you are interested in restoring and improving the youthfulness of your skin, then a chemical peel may be right for you. Call our Dallas, TX office today to schedule your complimentary consultation. Our highly-trained staff will be able to review all your treatment options during this time.